ELEFUN SPANISH SCHOOL
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
At Elefun Spanish School we want to guarantee the quality of our academic offer and provide you with the best service. To this end, we invite you to read the terms and conditions for our services.
The Package of Private or Individual Classes focuses on the process and the personalized work between student and teacher. We offer two learning modalities: face-to-face and virtual (via Skype) classes.
For your Private Classes, you should keep in mind that:
- In case you cannot attend one of your classes, either face-to-face or virtual, you must notify us at least two hours in advance to reschedule your class. Otherwise, we will charge this class as if you had taken it since by that time we will have hired the availability of a teacher for your class.
- Any type of cancellation or change of schedule must be notified to the Coordination. Cancellations and changes agreed and made with the teacher without prior consultation with the Coordinator are not accepted.
These are the classes in which two or more students participate. Given that you will have classmates, we want you to be aware of the following aspects:
- The maximum number of students per group is six. However, in most cases, the number of students is lower. Our goal is that students have the greatest possible interaction with the teacher and their classmates, in order to foster collaborative learning.
- If you purchase a Package of Group Class, and, for some reason, you start your classes as the only assistant, this does not mean that your process in class is private, because at some point, after your admission, a new student can join the activities. Therefore, in this case, cancellation and rescheduling options do not apply.
- Given its group nature, participation in this modality is subject to the level of knowledge or mastery established in the tests of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR), which we apply to determine the distribution and classification of groups. In order to guarantee the quality of the collective and individual learning process, we reserve the criteria of permanence, mobility or promotion to other groups or levels.
- Group Class attendance is your responsibility, as well as the achievements you accomplish as a result of your attendance and commitment to class and complementary activities. If you do not attend a class, we are not obliged to reinstate that class. In addition, if you repeatedly miss classes, we will not be responsible for the quality or the results of the learning process established for a certain level.
- If you enter the school after the first class day (Tuesday or Wednesday), to start a Group Class you must pay the full rate of the respective package (COP 560.000* or COP 280.000*, depending on the case). We will reinstate the lost days with Coaching Service.
RATES, DISCOUNTS, AND REINSTATEMENTS
As part of our policy, we provide the following options that allow you to have more flexibility:
- Discounts for Intensive Group Classes: if you pay in advance three or more packages of 20 hours/week, instead of COP 560,000 you pay COP 500,000 COP for each package.*3
- Discounts for Private Classes: if you pay in advanced three or more packages of 10 hours/week, instead of COP 560,000 you pay COP 500,000 for each package.*3
- To defer the class for a defined term (30 days): this option only applies to students of Group Classes who have paid in advanced more than a week. For example, if you paid three or more weeks in advance and, due to force majeure, you have to suspend before finishing those weeks, we will reinstate the missing hours via Skype. In no case there will be a refund of money.
- To reinstate a class: this option only applies to students of Private and Virtual Classes who cancel their class at least two hours in advance.
- To reinstate a holiday: this option applies to all Spanish courses. When there is a holiday during the week, the class of that day will be reinstated on Saturday.
- To substitute a class for one or two Coaching Sessions: this option is only valid for Group Classes. In case you have entered the school on a Tuesday or Wednesday and, therefore, you have missed the classes of the first days of the week, you must pay the full week. We will reinstate the lost days with hours of Coaching.
- About our teachers: At Elefun Spanish School we have 7 teachers, so keep in mind that each week you will have classes with a different teacher in order to listen different accents to help you with your learning process.
In no case refunds will be made. According to the Commercial Code of Colombia, unless an evident breach of the conditions of quality, opportunity and alternative offer is proven, we are not obliged to make refunds of money after payment of any of the services offered.
* Package of Intensive Group Class (20 hours/week): for each lost day (4 hours), you will have 2 hours of Coaching.
* Package of Semi-intensive Group Class (10 hours/week): for each day lost (2 hours), you will have 1 hour of coaching.